Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFJcar

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/18/16 9:57 AM
  • Number: 64
  • Recommendations: 4
Cvent Inc. (NYSE: CVT) entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by affiliates of Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm focused on investments in software, data and technology-enabled businesses.

The terms of this
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/18/15 6:36 PM
  • Number: 689
  • Recommendations: 3
Hey RB Team --
Just wanted to pop in here and give you kudos on both the TripAdvisor pick as I understand you guys recced it first and Zoes Kitchen. I bought both recently and have done really well. While we are all long-term investors, it feels
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/14 10:45 AM
  • Number: 946
  • Recommendations: 1
Ahh,
Totally understood. Thanks for the answer!
~J
  • Date: 12/3/14 6:11 PM
  • Number: 943
  • Recommendations: 3
Hey All,
My first RB community post. I loved the following piece from Simon, but did anybody understand why SolarCity uses 6% as a discount rate to determine its retained value?

Is this to mirror their overall cost of capital? I read
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/6/14 4:09 PM
  • Number: 190
Well said Rich. It isn't the company is an awful company, but I feel demographic shifts and nutritional concerns are two huge trends they aren't addressing well right now.
  • Date: 5/28/14 2:39 PM
  • Number: 5390
  • Recommendations: 11
Hey Drdoug165,
Personally, I own Whole Foods Market and witnessed the huge drop after its last earnings report. And, to be fair, it didnít feel good. Obviously we as shareholders wanted it to go the other way. I assume what you are saying is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/10/13 5:41 PM
  • Number: 22317
Any updates?
  • Date: 3/21/13 2:35 PM
  • Number: 413
  • Recommendations: 0
Finally,
Thanks for the PEG lesson. I love you guys in Options.
  • Date: 3/21/13 2:34 PM
  • Number: 412
Jim,
I'll take your word on the dividend history, it appears you are correct. It looks like they went from an annual payout (common in successful, but young start-ups) to a quarterly payout. Not excusing our content contributor, but that may be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/13 2:30 PM
  • Number: 411
Tim,
You are spot on on your price to operating cash flow. Of course Market Cap is a moving target, but in order to be at 12.5X OCF, the share price would have to be ~25% higher. Although I am getting a different total of shares outstanding (208
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z