Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PharmTeam

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/23/15 4:51 PM
  • Number: 150
  • Recommendations: 4
Steve,

That's a great question. Phase 1 trials are first-in human trials aimed at making sure the drug is generally safe before being given to larger study populations. They can also be used for a first look at efficacy, or to help
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/15 1:10 PM
  • Number: 148
  • Recommendations: 1
I love it when the bears say that.

I'm not as critical of AF as others in the previous thread were. If you can filter out the noise (like the "Crooke" pun) I think he calls attention to serious issues that I may not pick up on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/15 10:39 AM
  • Number: 146
I've been an Isis shareholder for a few years, and the stock has done extremely well for me. I'm growing increasingly frustrated, though, with management's transparency, especially when it comes to reporting clinical trial data.

Today Isis
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 7:20 PM
  • Number: 11
Great summary of the results, Simon. I'd just like to add two things I've been thinking a lot about when it comes to Veeva's future prospects.

First, big CRO customers don't only serve as a bellwether for other CROs, but also as a driving
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/26/14 10:10 AM
  • Number: 9
Agreed, Simon. I especially like to see the gross margin tick up slightly and the operating margin take a nice bump from 26% to 32%. I expect operating margins to continue to climb as the network effect encourages new businesses to consider Veeva
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/14 11:41 AM
  • Number: 110
  • Recommendations: 0
I'm definitely comfortable with the lipid subsidiary plan. Isis has a nice collection of lipid-lowering assets, and logistical consolidation into a dedicated subsidiary seems the most efficient way to develop them. I wrote the above comment before
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/10/14 8:27 PM
  • Number: 106
  • Recommendations: 2
Today Isis announced it was offering $425 million in convertible debt. Some of the cash will be used to pay off existing debt, with the remainder dedicated to funding drug development, presumably the independent phase 3 study of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 5:43 PM
  • Number: 4019
I'm not sure how the taxes work on capital raised from the sale of treasury stock. If it's not taxed then it's an interesting idea. If it is, I wonder how it compares to the interest rates on their debt.

I agree I would like to see a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 10:58 AM
  • Number: 4014
Looking at Disney's full year 2014 results got me wondering (again) about the merits of share buy backs vs dividend payments. In 2014 Disney paid out 23% of its free cash flow as dividends, and sits at a yield just under 1%. Conversely, Disney spent
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/24/14 9:32 PM
  • Number: 5
I do think that the addressable market is one if the biggest risks to Veeva's business. That's why new subscribers alone isn't the most important growth metric to track for this company. Consistent retained earnings above 100% suggests that Veeva is
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z