Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Oglove

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/27/06 1:53 PM
  • Number: 9440
  • Recommendations: 3
Dear Calvin,

Many thanks for your compliments regarding my “Seven Key Axioms for Better Investment Results.”

Am writing to address two of your observations regarding 1) categorizing stock holdings and their degree of risk and 2) paying
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/13/06 12:54 PM
  • Number: 11762
  • Recommendations: 4
How I Achieved Better Stock Market Investment Results in Retirement than During my 22-Year Career on Wall Street

by Thornton L. Oglove
Author & Founder of the Quality of Earnings Report

Following a 22-year career on Wall
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/13/06 12:43 PM
  • Number: 1779
  • Recommendations: 6
How I Achieved Better Stock Market Investment Results in Retirement than During my 22-Year Career on Wall Street

by Thornton L. Oglove

Following a 22-year career on Wall
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/06 8:02 PM
  • Number: 9332
  • Recommendations: 75
How I Achieved Better Stock Market investment Results in Retirement than During my 22-Year Career on Wall Street

by Thornton L. Oglove

Following a 22-year
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/12/06 7:51 PM
  • Number: 79
  • Recommendations: 20
How I Achieved Better Stock Market investment Results in Retirement than During my 22-Year Career on Wall Street

by Thornton L. Oglove

Following a 22-year
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/5/05 8:11 PM
  • Number: 1942
  • Recommendations: 1
Dear Joe,

I am writing to you in reference to your March 29 inquiry regarding the financial statements of General Electric and its finance subsidiary General Electric Credit Corp.

I suggest that you re-read carefully Chapter 7 in my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/4/05 7:37 PM
  • Number: 7166
  • Recommendations: 4
I'm new to HG and just read Oglove's feature article (12/09/05, found on HG home page) and had a few questions:

1) He makes a strong suggestion of owning inflation proof stocks ("high-grade stocks). Are any HG stocks inflation
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/3/05 5:03 PM
  • Number: 46
  • Recommendations: 3
I would be curious as to you view of companies with a very high debt level to shareholder's equity that incur debt to repurchase shares instead. It seems to have worked wonders with Autozone (AZO) and homebuilder NVR (NVR), less so with Ryan's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/3/05 4:46 PM
  • Number: 74
  • Recommendations: 6
A trailing P/E is not that important, especially if margins are ordinarily low or there are one time items that reduce net income. It could also be an issue of increased marketing expenses or product launches. That's why its more important to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/17/05 1:32 PM
  • Number: 67
  • Recommendations: 0
I completely agree with the definitions of fFree cash flow set forth in the aforementioned professional books written by Professors Mulford and Bernstein.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z