Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFShadowDragon

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/15/22 1:02 PM
  • Number: 11
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi,

Here we are 6 months on...little did I know when I posted my thoughts in the original post that the Partnership Portfolio (PP) would come out almost immediately with a sell. As one might expect in my thoughts in that post, I wasn't
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/2/22 4:54 PM
  • Number: 712
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi Paul,

I wanted to respond and have been wrestling with the best way to do so - alas, not with a lot of success; so perhaps I should just jump in with a few comments which you may wish to pursue or not.

First some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/22 12:52 PM
  • Number: 779
  • Recommendations: 0
Oops - I didn't finish the title on my previous post before I posted it. I had meant to qualify the "personal perspective" to investing and having done so as a Fool member for nearly 25 years.

Oh well, I can't edit it
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/13/22 12:48 PM
  • Number: 778
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi,

I'm posting this under the "Just Ask" board not because anyone asked but because it was the most appropriate Partnership Portfolio board.

It's been a tough year to date - and, as we are all very much aware,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/22 9:46 AM
  • Number: 677
  • Recommendations: 7
Latest blog entry by David Bradbury, Okta Chief Security Officer.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/25/22 9:47 AM
  • Number: 651
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi Paul,

Yes, I did miss your point.

With regards to your question about "business as usual" for TMF, I'd be very surprised if the focus shifted from a focus on business strength as that should (must?) include
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/23/22 12:13 PM
  • Number: 649
Hi Paul,

Yes, it was called the dot.com bubble.

No need to go into details, one only need look at the NASDAQ index. It hit a high of 4698 in May 2000 and subsequently fell to a low of 1108 in Sept
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/22 11:06 AM
  • Number: 13726
Hi Bruiser,

You are quite right that there is a time issue and what one's money could earn while waiting for they $95 buy out which is why I discounted the $95. I didn't do so in an elegant manner as I just wanted a ball park idea
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/22 9:10 PM
  • Number: 13710
  • Recommendations: 5
Hi Boris,

One way to look at it is to see how the market is pricing the potential buyout.

Assuming that if the buyout fails the price would fall back to $64 +/-, and ignoring the time value of money (i.e., how long a buyout would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/19/22 2:40 PM
  • Number: 13705
Gee....sorry for all the typos and other errors in my post. I stopped at six. I can do better than that - really. Reviewing and editing was never one of my strengths. :)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z