Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFShaggy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/24/15 4:22 PM
  • Number: 398
  • Recommendations: 2
Hey Charlie!

I am going to reach out and set a time with you over the phone to chat about getting you set up just right inside the ONE service.
  • Date: 4/9/14 9:06 AM
  • Number: 102
  • Recommendations: 0
IMPORTANT NOTE:

I should modify my answer to say that the ACAT transfer will not be as smooth as I anticipated during the account creation. What I mean, is that during the account creation process, accounts you link will be assumed to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/8/14 11:42 AM
  • Number: 97
A trust can be named as beneficiary on the SMAs.
  • Date: 4/8/14 11:37 AM
  • Number: 96
Hey Fatal,

If you are paying an assets under management fee and are not getting charged for transactions it might make sense to have them sold there. The transaction fees at Interactive Brokers will be fairly low, but free is always better.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 5:20 PM
  • Number: 84
Hey there!

Thanks for the questions. Here are some answers.

1. One model portfolio per SMA is the rule. So, there must be a different SMA for each model portfolio you are hoping to mirror.

2. Required Minimum Distributions
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 2:15 PM
  • Number: 76
Thanks for the questions!

1. SMAs must meet the model portfolio of choice minimums. Therefore it would not be possible to start a fresh IRA with an SMA managed by Motley Fool Wealth Management.

2. There is no benefit to setting up
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 2:09 PM
  • Number: 75
Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the question! It is true that SMAs will be re-balanced when new additions are added to the models. A huge reason we chose Interactive Brokers as our custodian brokerage firm is because we believe that trading on behalf
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 2:06 PM
  • Number: 74
Hi Billy,

Thanks for the questions. Here are some answers!

1. If you want some positions in your ROTH Conversion IRA transferred you would need to separate those positions at Scwab. This is because currently our account transfer
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/7/14 2:03 PM
  • Number: 73
Your initial intuition is correct. You would need four separate SMAs to meet the various accounts you mentioned. Each account would have to meet a respective portfolio minimum.

There would be no benefit to transferring the smaller
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/4/14 5:15 PM
  • Number: 54
Let me answer you second question first since it is an easier answer. There should be no closing out of the SMA service as a Motley Fool ONE member.

As to your first question. The only thing that may make the process easier as a before
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z