Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By dstb

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/5/16 3:09 PM
  • Number: 403
  • Recommendations: 0
The author here makes many good points regarding issues with margins, throughput, comps, and cash burning as they expand.

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/10/16 10:15 AM
  • Number: 468
  • Recommendations: 1
"Navistar CEO Troy Clarke recently told FleetOwner that his company has "no plans to displace Cummins" in the near future."

Notice how he qualifies the statement with "in the near future."

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/7/16 11:15 AM
  • Number: 465
  • Recommendations: 3
I would always recommend caution. The problem is that we don't know how VW is going to approach this deal yet. Assuming they can design the appropriate engines, which I believe they can, VW may look to come in very cheap to obtain a foothold
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/17/16 10:56 PM
  • Number: 17161
  • Recommendations: 7
I agree with most of what these guys had to say. When BWLD started buying back franchise stores I was concerned that this was their answer to the inevitable slowing of revenue growth. But it is true that this is the least profitable way to obtain
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/16 6:23 PM
  • Number: 17125
  • Recommendations: 15
I love this quote:

Sally Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We delivered another solid quarter, with total revenue increasing by 15.0% from new restaurant openings and franchise acquisitions over the last year.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 4:20 PM
  • Number: 45584
If people held out longer by not upgrading to the 6s they will likely still upgrade to the 7, even lacking "groundbreaking" features. Phones take a lot of wear and tear and Apple customers can't hold out forever.

Apple's hyper
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/16 4:01 PM
  • Number: 45580
  • Recommendations: 1
They should have gone into payments big and bought MasterCard a long time ago, before the market cap got huge. Once Apple Pay was developed they could have offered incentives to switch to MasterCard cards or incentives to MasterCard holders to use
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/1/16 9:47 PM
  • Number: 408
My biggest concern with this stock is not the current macro-economic conditions but the trend towards their customers vertically integrating. What is the true benefit to these truck manufacturers buying a Cummins motor over building their own?
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/30/15 11:21 PM
  • Number: 1830
  • Recommendations: 4
Not cool. Can't find the breakdown of the past newsletter issues by month. That and the boards are the most important things! Please return this website to the previous version.
  • Date: 5/1/15 12:39 PM
  • Number: 198
  • Recommendations: 2
If you have the App on your phone you will just tap that instead of going through Google Search on your desktop or smartphone. Apparently Google's algorithm changes have hurt Yelp's positioning in searches relative to Google's own offerings. Big
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z