Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFBrewCrew

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/23/19 10:57 PM
  • Number: 2946
  • Recommendations: 1
Zillow continues its aggressive roll out of instant offers, announcing today the launch of the service in both Austin and San Antonio. Here's a link to the press release: (Continued...)
  • Date: 9/4/19 10:46 AM
  • Number: 2941
  • Recommendations: 5
Zillow is down about 5% this morning on news that the company is issuing $1 billion of convertible notes in two tranches (due in 2024 and 2026). While not specifically stated, I'm sure these proceeds will be used to fuel acceleration of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/14/19 9:22 PM
  • Number: 2932
Frank,

Makes sense now as I realize we're looking at this differently. I'm not looking at the GAAP financials but instead the unit economics. If you look at the lifecycle of the average home. Right now, in a hot market with low
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/11/19 10:42 AM
  • Number: 2920
Frank,

Thanks as always for diving in. I do agree with you that there is positive gross margin on the homes that Zillow sold, but I think your math didn’t count other operating expenses. To your point, Zillow has a decent amount of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/10/19 1:06 PM
  • Number: 2915
  • Recommendations: 10
Kevin,

Multiple things to unpack there. First, on shorts manipulating stock prices, I agree and have been incredibly frustrated by that at times. A number of companies in the Foolish universe have been hit with this type of behavior, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/19 11:13 PM
  • Number: 2913
  • Recommendations: 2
Immediately after posting, I realized I forgot to link to this article explaining the drop in Z's share price: (Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/19 11:08 PM
  • Number: 2912
  • Recommendations: 9
Zillow reported Q2 earnings last night, and shares fell over 15% today on a big up day for the market. We’re back down to the low $40s, which we’ve seen in a number of recent quarters. Let’s dive in to see what got the market moving.

First,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/7/19 11:55 PM
  • Number: 2910
  • Recommendations: 4
Good evening,

Zillow reported Q2 earnings tonight. Shares are down 15% after hours to lows not seen since (*sarcastic gasp*) June 2019 as a result of what appears to be disappointing guidance. Revenue of $600M and EPS of -$0.35 both beat
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/23/19 5:15 PM
  • Number: 2901
  • Recommendations: 6
Interesting news today that Amazon and Realogy announced a partnership. Here's a link to some news coverage: (Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/19 11:36 PM
  • Number: 2899
  • Recommendations: 5
Shares of Zillow dropped almost 5% today on news that Redfin and Opendoor are collaborating on an "iBuyer" competitor to Zillow's Instant Offers. Here's a link:

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z