Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFThump

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 3/12/10 12:01 AM
  • Number: 237681
  • Recommendations: 0

Despite the great lengths to which Toyota has gone to minimize the effects of a spate of recalls, the damage continues to spread like a California wildfire.  For a company who's sterling reputation for quality and customer service has
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/4/10 11:31 AM
  • Number: 235537

devoish,

I agree with most of your comments, but would like to clarify a couple points relative to any cost advantage GM might have gained through bankruptcy. In terms of the labor agreement with the UAW there is only one notable
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/4/10 1:01 AM
  • Number: 235462

As I've pondered what to write about for my second blog it finally dawned on me to stick to the things I have a pretty good understanding of.  There really aren't that many to pick from, so the choice shouldn't wasn't that
(Continued...)

• Date: 9/14/09 8:27 PM
  • Number: 182969

Serial acquirer Natus Medical is at it again, with an agreement to purchase Alpine Biomed for $43M and change.  Normally when the buyer claims it will assimilate the new business and make it accretive to earnings in the quarter
(Continued...)

• Date: 11/13/15 4:02 PM
  • Number: 8716
This driverless car stuff is going to take a while. Wired is reporting that one of Google's driverless cars got pulled over for causing a traffic backup in Mountain View, CA. Apparently said vehicle was going 24 in a 35, which leads me to suggest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/11/15 3:43 PM
  • Number: 18241
  • Recommendations: 1
Rob,

Happy wife, happy life.

Doug
  • Date: 11/11/15 8:23 AM
  • Number: 18239
Rob

I've thought of getting another one in my retirement years but it's tough for me to justify. Yeah, I've become a bit more responsible over the years.

Quite the opposite for on my end. After many years of taking care of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/10/15 1:10 PM
  • Number: 4661
  • Recommendations: 3
dlbuffy

Wouldn't it be cool if the reintroduced Ranger was Ford's electric vehicle?

While not exactly a small truck Ford did offer an all-electric version of its Transit Connect delivery van. The powertrain was produced by
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/15 10:49 PM
  • Number: 4658
  • Recommendations: 4
Dennis,

I enjoyed your post, but I would like to correct you on one point. You noted, I've also seen it praised for stepping back from fleet sales, which pump up market share but do little to improve the bottom line.

This
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/15 2:25 PM
  • Number: 4650
  • Recommendations: 2
It's being widely reported that Ford and the UAW have reached a tentative contract agreement. Among the key items noted are a $10K bonus ($8500 plus an advance of $1500 of profit sharing), $9B of investments in US plants, and moving entry level
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z