Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By andrewychan

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 4/28/04 3:59 PM
  • Number: 30325
  • Recommendations: 1
The kind of growth rate increase I was talking about was, in essence, a growth in the rate at which EVA increases.

In that case, yes, you incorporate all the effects of earnings growth, interest rates, ROIC, ROE...

What a clever
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/28/04 3:42 PM
  • Number: 30322
  • Recommendations: 12
Hi all,

I've been reading through the numerous post on the topic, and one that has been left out is interest rates. Interest rate is perhaps the most important factor affecting P/E ratios. P/E ratios are not determinant of value, but a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/04 10:56 AM
  • Number: 30083
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Collective,

I wrote this post on the Fool News & Commentary board. I think it will interest you as this board has often talked about corporate governance and been quite critical about it, especially with ESO. Here's another potential
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/14/04 10:53 AM
  • Number: 9592
  • Recommendations: 7
Hi Fools,

I am writing this post about dual class shares in response to Bill Mann's interesting article on dual class shares. http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2004/commentary040414bm.htm?source=mppromo
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/23/04 9:02 PM
  • Number: 19423
OK, whatever. I've got more important things to worry about.

Thanks for your thoughts

Andrew
  • Date: 3/23/04 9:17 AM
  • Number: 19411
  • Recommendations: 6
Andrew, I am beginning to think that you are a contraindicator. Do you remember your “cautious” advice at the lows early 2003? (before the Nasdaq rose 70%) Caution is ALWAYS good but I think that it is generally better served closer to the peaks
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/04 9:53 PM
  • Number: 19406
  • Recommendations: 4
Tinker,

Andrew, you keep overlooking all the Gorilla talk, that rare breed of company.

The reason why I keep overlooking the Gorilla talk is purposeful. (I did read both books the first and the Internet bubble edition.)

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/04 8:43 PM
  • Number: 19399
Hi Tinker,

We did try to get you excited about ARM at 15x;)

Who says I wasn't excited? If I remember, at the time I was on vacation in Vancouver. I actually took the time to write about buying on dips at the time. Anyway, that's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/04 7:24 PM
  • Number: 19393
  • Recommendations: 3
Tinker,

I agree that there might be opportunities in the future, but I can hardly argue that the time is now. Stocks aren't as cheap as they were since the Naz was at 1200. ARM trading at 30x earnings is hard to get (me at least) excited.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/16/04 8:34 PM
  • Number: 19327
  • Recommendations: 10
Not that I want to make this board look like the PA, but in response to:

To see an 'ally' like Spain face an identical situation...and instead of going after the bad guys, they cut and run...

Now who is the bad guy? Iraq has
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z