Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By marginalgain

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/2/13 3:39 PM
  • Number: 8680
  • Recommendations: 3
I don't know if MDP members have discussed this already, but The Economist had an article last week on projecting investment returns over the next decade (Buttonwood on p. 65 of the US edition).

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/20/13 9:35 AM
  • Number: 548
  • Recommendations: 0
Thank you TMFTenacious for your post. I see that at least a few fools have not chosen to sell yet. I am hopeful that the company will eventually profit from its new management strategy and I am looking forward to reading your next post on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/13 5:56 AM
  • Number: 538
  • Recommendations: 2
Thanks Anuvaka for your comments.

I am not criticizing MDP for the sake of it, I am commenting on advice they have given in recent times. I do not regard the decisions to sell WMT and LL as good. You say that WMT has not done well since
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/17/13 2:10 AM
  • Number: 536
  • Recommendations: 3
Thanks TMFTenacious for your response. Clearly a "deteriorating demand for its core logo t-shirt/fleece/hoodie business, along with the probabilities of the company achieving those outcomes" may stand as a good reason to sell
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/13 4:34 PM
  • Number: 530
  • Recommendations: 6
In July 2011, MDP bought ARO shares at a price around $18.3. At the time the worst-case five-year scenario was negative growth over the period and a share price of $17.75 (after five years). But in the best-case scenario, the share price would reach
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/10 1:15 AM
  • Number: 34
  • Recommendations: 19
Judging from the comments on this board, I find it interesting that WMT still raises many eye-brows. When it comes to WMT, many people seem to leave their rational self at the door, become emotional and react as economics ignoramus.

It is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/10 12:58 AM
  • Number: 33
  • Recommendations: 4
Thanks to Tim Hanson for his interesting and good analysis. But Tim doesn't mention Wal-Mart past failures abroad. WMT experimented with Western Europe and had to exit the market. They closed shops in Germany, as the culture of their stores didn't
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 7

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z