Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By WTilson

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/4/04 7:16 AM
  • Number: 174
  • Recommendations: 2
I am more concerned with why you did not initially see more problems with Arch and the Metrocall merger, specifically the bounty paid to Metrocall's principals, which looks like a bald incentive (bribe would be a good word here) to abandon their
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/04 11:36 PM
  • Number: 173
""Appraisal rights ?" Do I need an MBA to understand what you are saying ? Anything so complex that only a few of priesthood can understand it must be eliminated from consideration."

I hear ya! This started as an obvious,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/04 9:07 PM
  • Number: 166
I want to clarify what I wrote about AWIN's tax asset: as I noted in my earlier post, even if Metrocall shareholders approve the deal, some of them can choose to perfect their appraisal rights, which means they can appeal to a judge and ask for more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/04 11:27 AM
  • Number: 160
  • Recommendations: 12
Whitney,

I just wanted to let you know that I (and I think I speak for the majority of the Fool community here) did not doubt your integrity for one moment. It is unfortunate that a few subscribers (who clearly were not familiar with your
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/3/04 8:48 AM
  • Number: 152
  • Recommendations: 13
I beg to differ.

1) I scroll back thru this board for other WTilson posts and there are none.

There are no posts from me because I don't read (much less post on) ANY message boards (today being a rare exception) for two reasons: a) I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/2/04 11:01 PM
  • Number: 142
  • Recommendations: 32
Hello Hidden Gems subscribers,

It's me, Whitney Tilson, the investment manager who recommended Arch Wireless (AWIN) in the Hidden Gems newsletter released on April 22nd, nearly six weeks ago. Long-time Fools will also recognize me as the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/18/03 4:46 PM
  • Number: 9320
  • Recommendations: 11
Whitney Tilson's picks and pans in his 2003 Motley Fool columns
Links to all columns are at www.tilsonfunds.com

Notes: Prices are as of market close 12/18/03
Link to picks and pans in 2002: 

(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/25/03 9:00 AM
  • Number: 9054
  • Recommendations: 6
MY SAGA OF FIVE BOOKINGS, FOUR FLIGHTS AND SEVEN CITIES IN FOUR DAYS (plus a friend's story)

On Monday of this week, I flew from New York to Chicago to Dallas (on ATA) to Tulsa (on American). On Wednesday, I flew from Oklahoma City to Phoenix
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/8/03 1:33 PM
  • Number: 8176
  • Recommendations: 0
See my article today for five potential catalysts, many of which could or will occur in the near future, and all of which should occur this year.

Best,

Whitney
  • Date: 1/7/03 5:40 PM
  • Number: 8172
  • Recommendations: 13
Whitney Tilson's picks and pans in his 2002 Motley Fool columns
Links to all columns are at www.tilsonfunds.com

Notes: Prices are as of market close 1/7/03; link to picks and pans in 2001:

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.