Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFBro

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/23/22 3:48 PM
  • Number: 592
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi, Seathrun1.

The Instant Income portfolio could certainly be a core component of a retiree portfolio. Since you belong to other Motley Fool services, you could complement the II portfolio with other stocks or ETFs that you feel would
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/13/22 9:02 AM
  • Number: 65259
  • Recommendations: 3
Hi, Satcher.

Not reinvesting dividends is definitely one way to accumulate cash to invest in other companies. This is usually how I handle my dividends, and I know many other Fool analysts do the same. And, as the co-advisor of Total
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/23/21 8:10 AM
  • Number: 5408
Per usual, I can't add much to Norm's excellent responses. But I can provide a few more details about the nuts and bolts behind the real-money RYR model portfolios. We do our rebalancing just once a year, at some point in the late summer or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/30/21 12:01 PM
  • Number: 5331
  • Recommendations: 0
Ha! Thanks, Bruce!

Bro
  • Date: 9/29/21 10:01 AM
  • Number: 5329
Hi, fausticus.

Thanks for watching the Financial Planning Q&A! How about this for a solution: As you may know, I'm the co-host of the Answers podcast, and we answer a listener question in most episodes. Since we already have an
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/22/21 10:52 AM
  • Number: 5316
Hi, fausticus.

The allocation isn't too out of step with other recommended allocations. I just took a quick look at the allocations to real estate in five of the bigger retirement/2020 target-date funds, and the percentages invested in
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/24/21 4:21 PM
  • Number: 1082
Great to know, JeffM102. Good to see another endorsement of MoneyDance -- I clearly have to look further into it.

Best,
Robert
  • Date: 3/24/21 4:19 PM
  • Number: 5193
Hi, fausticus.

The RYR model portfolios have been around for more than 10 years (though as real-money ports for less than a year), and we try not to have too much turnover. However, we re-evaluate them each summer, and occasionally make
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/21 1:11 PM
  • Number: 1080
Hi, Jest4Pun. It seems that Quicken increased their prices right as I published the article. I checked my notes, which had a screenshot of the prices I had in the article, so those were accurate as of the time I began assembling my research (about a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/21/21 10:56 AM
  • Number: 1076
Two tools I've never heard of, and they sound intriguing! Thanks for posting, GRPJRS!

Best,
Robert
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z