Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By DutchMark

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/7/18 4:55 PM
  • Number: 208754
  • Recommendations: 0
If/when an iPhone can be assembled fully by robots, then Apple could make them in the U.S.

I donít think that is really true. Manufacturing is located in a China (and not, say, Vietnam) because of the short supply lines to all
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/6/18 4:04 PM
  • Number: 943
  • Recommendations: 1
Thanks Rich, for the explanation. The way you describe it, it does sound similar to a DCF Model. Personally, Iíd rather base any valuation on actual money coming in rather than a fairly arbitrary amount paid as dividend that doesnít necessarily have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/18 7:52 PM
  • Number: 941
There are multiple ways to calculate r (the cost of equity in V = D0(1+g)/(r-g)) - but in general that is the rate demanded by investors. You don't have to use the price to compute that.

I see. But g is growth into eternity.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/18 5:10 PM
  • Number: 939
Those numbers made me sit up and take notice. Unfortunately Iím not well versed in the DDM to guesstimate fair value. I looked up what the inputs of DDM are, which are price, dividends, perpetual growth rate and cost of equity. However, cost of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/18 11:51 AM
  • Number: 208738
Apple will be able to compete in video streaming with its 600 million customers, Discovery CEO David Zaslav says.

FWIW, YouTube has 1.5B users. But Iíve seen reports that their paid offerings are not doing that well and Google is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/18 11:33 AM
  • Number: 208737
Not sure of the IP part, but it is really the only way I can think of it working.

I donít know if itís still the case, but early on it used the credit-card number to determine where youíre from. Itís more accurate than an IP
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/20/18 2:26 PM
  • Number: 935
Nvidia maybe down 40%, but tech overall certainly isnít. The whole stock market took a good beating the past few weeks, not just tech.

Nvidia is an interesting case. The Bitcoin backlash was just waiting to happen, so I donít understand why
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/13/18 6:38 PM
  • Number: 929
  • Recommendations: 3
In my search for more dividend stocks, my eye fell on Vodaphone (VOD). Usually I donít pay a second glance at any stock that yields double digits, too speculative. But I used to own it, when they still owned a large piece of Verizon. When they sold
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/13/18 6:27 PM
  • Number: 1119
Not much activity on this board. Is there a public link to the write up you mentioned?

Mark
  • Date: 11/10/18 12:51 AM
  • Number: 208679
I'm of the mind that more data is always better than less data so I'm not a big fan of the decision to stop reporting unit sales.

Itís like sex. Good data is still better than more data...
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z