Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By RusskiSky

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/14/06 9:21 AM
  • Number: 49
  • Recommendations: 0
This just means that yield increases from 3.5% -> 3.8%!

What more could you ask for?

I was planning on plucking some up, so that much better to pluck it up at the low point!
  • Date: 5/3/06 8:42 AM
  • Number: 2743
Thanks for the response Ryan!

Let's see if I can better explain my original question. I work as an expat, so I deduct $80K income before determining my AGI (I pay Russian taxes, so that makes up for it), so my tax rate in the US is 0-10% for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/3/06 8:08 AM
  • Number: 448
Thanks for your input, this is precisely the sort of thing I was curious about. If I understand your comments correctly: I can contribute to a Roth IRA from income earned through non-payroll sources (rental, interest, reindeer smuggling,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/06 12:15 AM
  • Number: 443
As a fellow expat who has spent far too many hours reading through IRS Publication 54 (Tax Guide for Citizens Abroad), I'll fill in the holes.

Like he said, foreigners get an $80K income exemption, so he deducts (up to) $80K before
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/29/06 1:19 AM
  • Number: 2726
I'm an expat American, so with our wonderful tax system (and the foreign income exemption) I am at a very low tax rate, as for all intents and purposes my only taxable income is investment dividends and gains.

In such a case (where said
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/25/06 4:11 AM
  • Number: 42336
I'd say what Jeff said is key, in my opinion. If you can identify when you'll only make (or lose) x%, and you can beat x% in risk-free investments, then that is certainly attractive. But if by doing this you miss out on a 2x% increase when the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/24/06 2:34 AM
  • Number: 237
Thanks for the great response!

I just read through your "Know Your Options" series a few days ago. I did have one question about calculating the collateral cost of the synthetic long. Why do you include 20% of the optioned shares
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/23/06 1:03 AM
  • Number: 234
Thanks for the response Jim!

No offense, but this is not a smart transaction to make.

None taken, I have no doubts that my investment strategy is wracked with stupidity and problems. I certainly agree that I don't want to be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/06 4:27 AM
  • Number: 229
Wonderful board and glad I stumbled upon it. I'm definitely one of those trading in options without the knowledge necessary. So far I've been lucky with my 10 or so call option purchases for about a 50% return, but that's mostly because I have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/22/06 2:46 AM
  • Number: 42322
In my case, my broker (Interactive Brokers) has a wonderful set-up for foreign transactions. I'm in the oil industry so have fairly intimate knowledge of said industry, so I enjoy trading in oil and gas! This can be a problem given the obvious
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z