Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By orangganjil

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/30/06 8:55 PM
  • Number: 39
  • Recommendations: 1
I live in Utah and, in the interest of full-disclosure, have taken a long position in MTN. The moat exists with this stock, but the big opportunity lies in the value of the land.

For example, land where I live (about 15 miles from Salt Lake
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/26/06 1:48 PM
  • Number: 6331
  • Recommendations: 3
I wanted to thank TMF for the interview of Bill McLaughlin, and especially mentioning the options concerns I had brought up. While I'm not satisfied with Bill's response (regardless of how many buybacks they do above and beyond options dilution
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/17/06 10:34 PM
  • Number: 172
  • Recommendations: 1
As far as I know, Pirate Capital reduced their position due to the SEC investigations they are experiencing, as well as the massive employee turnover occurring. My guess is they need to free some capital, but it's just a guess.
  • Date: 10/8/06 4:42 PM
  • Number: 847
  • Recommendations: 0
I want to echo what many have said here about long-term investing. Remember that you are buying chunks of a company, not a stock, and you should view the purchase of a few shares with the same eye that you would use if you purchased all of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/7/06 12:52 PM
  • Number: 734
  • Recommendations: 4
I used to be a shareholder of Aldila but sold my shares after they began to reach the saturation point with their NV shafts and started a graphite making company. Only so many folks will pay more than $200 for a golf shaft (not even including
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/2/06 2:28 AM
  • Number: 86
In deciding whether the better play here is to buy WLT or Mueller stock, it should be noted that WLT's Mueller stock is class B while the current public Mueller stock is class A. Class B stock has much greater voting rights, allowing for eight votes
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/29/06 7:17 PM
  • Number: 72
Tom's pick, Atheros, surprised me and kind of bothered me because I do not think they are investment worthy due to their lack of moat. I see zero moat there and think INTC will buy them or crush them (FD: I am long INTC) at some point. I may be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/29/06 2:22 PM
  • Number: 62
I read through Mueller's 10-K yesterday and, if I remember right, that quote was for the Anvil division of Mueller, not the Mueller division, although loss of that customer could still affect business.

These types of risks get magnified when
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/06 4:03 PM
  • Number: 22
I think the key with Intel is that they have a competitive advantage over all other rivals - their fabrication and distribution infrastructure is awesome.
  • Date: 9/28/06 1:13 PM
  • Number: 7
Hmm, thanks for your input. I'll have to do some modeling to see how Atheros might hold up if Intel decides to flex their muscle. I am an Intel shareholder and know that they are taking the wireless space very seriously, especially considering their
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z