Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By jmacn22

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/14/10 8:29 PM
  • Number: 44923
  • Recommendations: 0
I have received Mauldin's newsletters for years, and his latest one that you have linked was a bit surprising to me. I'm not sure I've ever seen him so bullish about buying a handful of biotech stocks (which he doesn't disclose the names of). Of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/22/06 10:34 PM
  • Number: 415
Nice, Dave. :)

It certainly seems to reaffirm the buy-and-hold strategy versus the trade-and... -trade again.

Quote for the day, "No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it." - H.E.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/18/06 7:01 PM
  • Number: 399
  • Recommendations: 1
WWW recently released solid results with exceptional performance in its higher end offerings...

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2006/commentary06071817.htm?source=mppromo
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/7/06 1:48 AM
  • Number: 394
  • Recommendations: 2
Shhhhh!!! You all are too loud :)

Pretty quiet on the Columbia front as well. The company is set to release Q2 results on July 27th. In the meantime I noticed that VF (owner of North Face) was upped to a buy by a couple of analysts --
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/30/06 1:04 PM
  • Number: 390
  • Recommendations: 2
I'm not sold on COLM's design either. But the company is very healthy financially, allowing it to go after labels (Montrail, Mountain Hardware etc) that allow it go after the cool, edgy market. Whether this acquisition strategy in conjunction with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/23/06 9:09 AM
  • Number: 386
kakoisle

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Lynch's book is a great read, isn't it?

Agree with your sentiments, particularly in regard to inventories. Margin deterioration is one that I am keeping an eye on as well -- to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/1/06 8:16 PM
  • Number: 372
  • Recommendations: 8
Hi, y'all

Had a chance to check out the company's latest conference call. Here are a few notes in case you haven't had a chance to listen in:

* organic fall outerwear and footwear orders for the global market grew less than expected,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/30/06 12:33 AM
  • Number: 369
In the middle of finals right now, but took a timeout to check out results. Yeah, it looks like the company continues to face some challenges particularly with margins. By Monday I hope to have listened in on the replay of the conference call, and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/26/06 1:53 PM
  • Number: 362
Cool. Thanks Mike.

Please do let us know what you dig up.

Thanks.

peace - jeremy
  • Date: 4/22/06 9:15 PM
  • Number: 360
Hey, Cameron. Interesting stuff on the Calls/Puts.

Yeah, the inventory build should be a good omen. I'm looking forward to hearing more on its Montrail efforts, in the upcoming conference call. We should also expect to find more detail on
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z