Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTomGardner

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/3/20 10:54 PM
  • Number: 55116
  • Recommendations: 7
Excellent question, and I love Gene's answers. Here are some additional questions to ask:

(1) Is this 20% of your equities portfolio or of your net worth?

(2) Promise me you are not using margin? (If you are, SELL SOME NOW!)
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/19/20 10:46 PM
  • Number: 2534
  • Recommendations: 28
Having never wavered on Shopify, adding to it continually since I first heard about it a Motley Fool event in Toronto (thank you, Fool Canada!). . . the first thing we can agree on is that Shopify will not do in the next five years what it has done
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/12/20 9:33 PM
  • Number: 54799
  • Recommendations: 10
Counselor,

I fully understand your view. I'm a big proponent of skin in the game. Excellent writing and thinking on this subject from Nassim Taleb.

You may or may not know that I am committed to holding personally only the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/20 11:44 PM
  • Number: 62
  • Recommendations: 9
Eric,

Great questions.

In times of such high volatility, gains and losses are inflated with a greater dependence on timing than normal. This would mean to me that luck is elevated right now. A 20% return in that timeframe is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/9/20 10:48 PM
  • Number: 60
  • Recommendations: 9
I would also like to formally announce that my resistance to getting reading glasses GUARANTEES at least 5 typos in every post I make. Sorry, Fools, but it might actually get worse from here! :)

Tom
  • Date: 6/9/20 10:45 PM
  • Number: 59
  • Recommendations: 31
I like this conversation. I'll just say that Crowdstrike has been in my "like" category for awhile and I have recommended it before at lower prices.

I'll just trot out some data as a reminder. Since 1995, across thousands
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/2/20 9:25 PM
  • Number: 5552
  • Recommendations: 5
Noel,

Thanks for the kind words. I love the companies in our portfolio, the members in the service, and the prospects for the future even in some very difficult and devastating circumstances.

You are, of course, right on target
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/12/20 8:56 AM
  • Number: 54288
  • Recommendations: 3
It takes patience to invest well. And perseverance through the natural collection of under-performers that any investor will have.

I am assembling a special free report for Stock Advisor members, to review my investment methodology,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/20 3:54 PM
  • Number: 53238
  • Recommendations: 12
I've really enjoyed the flow of comments, questions, and research here. Let me provide ten more thoughts about Luckin Coffee:

(1) There is a path for success already trod by Starbucks -- outside of China and inside of China. This is a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/8/20 3:54 PM
  • Number: 49
  • Recommendations: 27
I've really enjoyed the flow of comments, questions, and research here. Let me provide ten more thoughts about Luckin Coffee:

(1) There is a path for success already trod by Starbucks -- outside of China and inside of China. This is a
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z