Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFShirKi

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/23/11 6:06 PM
  • Number: 322518
  • Recommendations: 0

Hey BillyTG and all,

Quick comments from a friendly Fool (I'm the MDP Home Fool, so sitting in San Diego, not FoolHQ).  First off, Billy, if you're waiting for your subscription to expire you'll be waiting
(Continued...)

• Date: 11/18/10 1:30 AM
  • Number: 300346

Hey TMFBabo, congrats and welcome to the TMF ranks! Your CAPS reputation precedes you. Too bad I missed you at HQ, but I was only there during the summer. Now I'm back in sunny Sun Diego, racking up the board posts over at MDP. You
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/21/10 12:21 AM
  • Number: 281234

Hi,

Personally I try to avoid buying calls and puts. Rather, I sell them - selling covered calls to get income on my stocks, and selling puts while I'm waiting. That way the time value is in your favor.

Best
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/20/10 1:34 PM
  • Number: 281055

Dear Starfirenv,

I cannot speak as an official representative of TMF, but as a Foolish member of the community just like you.

TMF has always valued diversity and differing opinions and encourages people to speak out with them.
(Continued...)

• Date: 2/10/15 2:51 PM
  • Number: 297
Based on Lee's post above, why exactly are we still invested in FFNW? Why was this one of the companies that survived being taken to the woodshed during the reign of Jim X 2 Terror?
  • Date: 2/9/15 2:34 PM
  • Number: 287
Can you tease out the implication, here, Jim? Are all these little clues adding up to greater odds that the bank is in the process of being sold? Would buying June calls make sense from a probability/reward/risk ratio?
  • Date: 1/22/15 2:25 PM
  • Number: 675
  • Recommendations: 5
Blame is the unwillingness to sit with a difficult emotion. In this case, losing money invokes an urge to blame someone else for making a money losing pick, designating it as a "buy first" and charging a membership fee for the privilege.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 5:04 PM
  • Number: 400
Lots of people on this board are calling the Extendicare management team "idiots" or some permutation thereof. But with so much money on the line, and with such an "obvious" hidden value of American assets, people almost never
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 3:12 PM
  • Number: 388
Like many of you, today I lost a lot of money I had worked very hard to make. But life is not all about money. I'm lucky to still have my health. Heck, it's good to remember that just being alive is a tremendous gift itself. I'm not being snarky.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 11:42 AM
  • Number: 345
  • Recommendations: 3
So Tom wrote upstream. The stock price is plummeting. Is this another one of SPOPS uncorrelated outcomes? Happiness at losing a whole lot of money?

Deeply Confusedly Yours,

XmfShiki
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z