Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By investorpoet2

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/4/15 10:02 AM
  • Number: 413189
  • Recommendations: 0

I've been looking at some BDCs. They are all beaten up and pay strong dividends. You could get paid while you wait for a turnaround. One that seems to be on the riskier side is Apollo Investment. This article puts it in a bit of
(Continued...)

• Date: 7/9/10 1:14 PM
  • Number: 270697

Do investors look at cash flow anymore?

AES is a global power company that does business in 29 different countries. By the company's own measure, they produced $1.6 billion in consolidated free cash flow in 2009. Consolidated
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/31/10 12:38 PM
  • Number: 242928

I recently added Diana Shipping (DSX) to Caps, but I think Paragon (PRGN) may be a better value.

While Diana has a stronger balance sheet, Paragon is certainly not over leveraged with a debt to equity ratio of 0.78:1. At year-end
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/30/10 3:54 PM
  • Number: 242668

Added this post to my blog yesterday. All the nice tables are there, but I thought I'd share the text here as I will add the ones near my target prices to Caps over the next few
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/26/10 11:20 AM
  • Number: 241721

I am again reminded about circles of competence in investing. Earlier this week, I closed my picks on Sharps Compliance (SMED) and HQS Sustainable Marine (HQS). I can read financial statements and do my research, but what do I really know about
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/18/10 1:53 PM
  • Number: 239223

Watching shares crash over the past few days and thinking at some point the price is worth the risk. Shareholder equity in their earnings release was $112 million. They had $58 million in receivables. Valuing the company may involve determining
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/16/10 12:08 PM
  • Number: 238614

I've had HQS as a Caps pick for some time now, based on the value and cash flow of the company. I've held off buying the company until I understand it a bit better. So today when the price dropped by almost a dollar per share or 12% on their
(Continued...)

• Date: 2/23/10 4:42 PM
  • Number: 233299

Rof:

Check their press releases from the end of the year:

(Continued...)

• Date: 2/23/10 2:13 PM
  • Number: 233257

Diana Shipping reported fourth quarter and full year earnings today. The company reported net income for the year of $121 million, and they have a market cap of about $1.1 billion. One could argue that they are at the depths of the market for
(Continued...)

• Date: 2/23/10 12:42 PM
  • Number: 233233

I note at my blog that Dawson recently added two crews, and it looks like they will be close to breakeven for the remainder of 2010 at their current crew count. Depreciation
(Continued...)

Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z