Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By spinningstuff

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/16/17 6:04 PM
  • Number: 21670
  • Recommendations: 8
Maybe you are overthinking things here....maybe not. Harvesting losses while maintaining a position and avoiding wash sales can be a little tricky. But that's not what you want to do.
Harvesting gains while maintaining a position is no
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/26/17 4:19 PM
  • Number: 21645
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Cham - (pretend I typed all the usual caveats about not being a tax expert here and also repeated them at the end of this post).

I believe the IRS changed the rollover rules in 2015 where you can only do one rollover a year no matter how
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/17 2:05 PM
  • Number: 976
  • Recommendations: 3
Another one of my favorites from the tmFUers:

"We can't switch to a better board solution because we would lose years of posting history which is an incredibly valuable resource"

Do they really think
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/24/17 1:48 PM
  • Number: 975
  • Recommendations: 8
We're talking about a small, non-essential feature of the premium boards - not something that is used by a large percentage of readers of the free site

Wow!!! I am really tired of hearing cr*p like this from the tmFU
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/19/17 7:18 AM
  • Number: 122
  • Recommendations: 1
How about this:

Payment = transaction

Payment Card = any card acceptable to square

1 billion transaction (payments) / 245 million different cards = an average of ~4 transaction (payments) per card.

Ed

Who
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/18/17 2:16 PM
  • Number: 749
  • Recommendations: 0
Hey Maxx - Walmart is always an experience, but cupcakes were the eye opener for me. I think there must be a new law that requires female cupcake Bakers to have $10,000 worth of tattoos before they can open a cupcake bakery.

Ed

Who
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/18/17 9:16 AM
  • Number: 746
  • Recommendations: 7
A couple of quick thoughts:

I agree 100% with Maxx. You should know your baseline expense level before you can even begin to think about telling the boss what they can do with their paycheck. If figuring that out (using Maxx's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/13/17 2:58 PM
  • Number: 85
  • Recommendations: 0
Good story, but if you believed in the stock why did you wait 30 days to buy back in? Were there some sort of lock up conditions in the initial IPO purchase?

Ed
  • Date: 7/13/17 7:38 AM
  • Number: 55
  • Recommendations: 2
I could be completely wrong, but.....

https://www.keneatsgainesville.com/single-post/2017/04/17/Am...

Americauna Wood Fired pizza.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/17 4:35 PM
  • Number: 732
  • Recommendations: 18
Rather than write a big long post on what I've learned in the 20 years since I retired early, I think I can probably distill it down to a sentence or two:

You will never be more capable of enjoying the freedom of retirement than you are
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z