Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFWalter

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/29/15 8:25 PM
  • Number: 8768
  • Recommendations: 8
Kingsway Financial Services (KFS) is a Canadian holding company with a market cap of $119 million. Its subsidiaries are insurance companies based in the US focused on either underwriting or insurance services. Iíve highlighted a few of important
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/15 1:44 PM
  • Number: 1050
  • Recommendations: 57
RB Fools

I'm currently taking an MBA class where we analyze a company. We're looking at everything from leadership and core values to finance, marketing, and ops strategies. SolarCity is the company my group is studying. Below is my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/2/15 1:19 PM
  • Number: 1049
  • Recommendations: 1
Huddaman
GAAP stands for Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. They are the guidelines for accounting procedures that are set by a group of accountants know as the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). So when hear or read about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/10/14 11:08 AM
  • Number: 450
  • Recommendations: 3
Fletch

Thanks for the enlightening real estate post. You bring up many good points and itís always wise to consider what the people on the other side of the transaction are thinking about.

There was, however, another option
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/14 1:41 PM
  • Number: 375
  • Recommendations: 5
Excellent response, NoFate. I feel it is situations such as this that Peter Lynch had in mind when he said, "Go for a business that any idiot can run Ė because sooner or later, any idiot is probably going to run it."
  • Date: 8/6/14 6:26 PM
  • Number: 4772
  • Recommendations: 1
Jason

Somehow I missed your post. Thanks for the additional information. Itís always nice when someone else supports your opinion (hello, confirmation bias).

I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know XLS reported last
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/5/14 2:23 PM
  • Number: 107
  • Recommendations: 0
Stefaith
Iím with you on understanding what the insurance companies are talking about. I had to do a fair amount of ďgooglingĒ just to understand what I was reading.

I donít own PGR, but do own some MKL. I wish it was my largest
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/14 12:31 PM
  • Number: 8728
  • Recommendations: 2
Wayne

I donít know what percentage of the market they own. They merely say that itís a highly fragmented market with 10 other manufacturers of flexible hoses. According to them, none of the competitors competes in more than 2 of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/4/14 9:23 AM
  • Number: 8725
  • Recommendations: 2
Company: Omega Flex (OFLX); Market Cap $173M

Business: Manufacturer of flexible metal hoses and piping for carrying gases and liquids primarily in residential and commercial construction and general industrial
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/1/14 1:05 PM
  • Number: 5705
  • Recommendations: 0
I ran across this Buffett video today. It's certainly not new information, but sometimes it's good to just go back and review.

(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z