Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFTomJacobs

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/31/12 6:52 PM
  • Number: 372886
  • Recommendations: 0

Love the piece (even though I think Zipcar is doomed. NOTICE WORD FROM ZOMBIE WORLD.). But then, I also play Plants vs. Zombies on iPad to the point that my eyes take an hour to recover afterwards.

Seriously,
(Continued...)

• Date: 12/4/14 12:43 PM
  • Number: 233
  • Recommendations: 4
Mike,

A most well-written piece, most enjoyable! :-)

I've spent a lot of time reviewing this, getting some scuttlebutt from attendees at franchise events and watching ESL's moves at SHLD. He's very much like Buffett. What he
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/2/14 12:48 PM
  • Number: 573
  • Recommendations: 3
Spot on, David. Averaging out as sometimes average in.

Gang:

It's actually not illiquid. The EXETF unsponsored ADRs appear to be, but it's deceiving. They reflect the EXE.TO home exchange stock, which is liquid. That is, there
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/28/14 11:54 AM
  • Number: 1901
  • Recommendations: 1
Hope yesterday was great for you all and that you celebrated with loved ones in secure locations.

I'll be scarce this weekend.

However! Will say this, if the Saudis want $10 oil to stop us drilling, who knows?

But
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 7:17 PM
  • Number: 37
Dave,

There is no set rule. Certainly delay can prevent a company from issuing debt for buybacks, such as we saw at Herbalife, and which are in the cards for Hertz, and for Herbalife is was most of a year.

Best, Tom
  • Date: 11/21/14 7:15 PM
  • Number: 1220
  • Recommendations: 4
For your operative enjoyment:

(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/21/14 10:07 AM
  • Number: 1636
Rob, I can't add anything to what TK says (especially his comments about debt and entrepreneunrial CEOs). As you and I know, insider buying is not always intelligent, nor is insider not-buying always bad. It's hard to see what he may know that we
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/20/14 5:49 PM
  • Number: 35
  • Date: 11/20/14 3:33 PM
  • Number: 32
Hi Dave B,

We do not know, because they are currently in the process of restating financials and haven't filed since March!

Uncertainty creates opportunity in the right cases (lol). So far the, the numbers they are talking about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/20/14 3:29 PM
  • Number: 31
Rob, really informally, if the up to 20% buyback were ever permanently off the table, that would surely be a problem for us. Otherwise, there is just too much cash rolling in, regardless of the numbers at issue in the financials as we know them
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z