Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFGalagan

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/26/19 7:37 AM
  • Number: 241236
  • Recommendations: 6
You might also let them know, that 20-year "members" of this board have never heard of the premium version!
;)

I think that's the first time I've seen a board post that said that TMF wasn't doing *enough*
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/21/19 3:01 PM
  • Number: 553636
  • Recommendations: 3
I wonder if the 'News Sources' aren't just playing to what their customers demand? While they call themselves News, they are in fact businesses that need to make a profit? With so many people so far on the left/right extremes (or
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/14/19 7:35 AM
  • Number: 553192
  • Recommendations: 2
I don't know when Medicare will increase our bills.

See page 3 here (7 of 16 in the PDF): https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10536.pdf

Which tax return does Social
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/1/19 11:25 AM
  • Number: 26214
Getting FNMA/FMCC out of their stasis has been a favored theme of some high profile investors, including not only Bruce Berkowitz but also our very own Naj.

This from Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho suggests a potential road forward: (Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/19 11:19 AM
  • Number: 3488
what's your evidence for this assertion? I don't have anything to back up the opposing view other than my own anecdotal impression...

Equally anecdotal on my part, I'm afraid. There's an alarming lack of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/24/19 7:08 AM
  • Number: 3486
predicting how juries will react to individual cases, no matter what the evidence, remains problematic.

due to the anti-intellectual backlash that seems to be infecting large parts of our country, particularly among young

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/19 3:00 PM
  • Number: 4672
  • Recommendations: 1
What are the tax implications if I withdraw all the prinicpal from Trust #1 and use it to fund Trust #2?

You need to provide more information to get a good answer. Some useful info:
-- Are you the *only* beneficiary? If not,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/28/18 8:54 AM
  • Number: 3419
  • Recommendations: 0
Or - Jason Zweig probably invests wisely.

For what it's worth, Jason Zweig probably isn't allowed to invest particularly wisely. Most major financial publications put strict limits on trading in order to avoid the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/27/18 1:17 PM
  • Number: 3394
  • Recommendations: 1
Someone please talk me down from buying IBM.

Still trading at twice 1998's share price despite having less revenue and net income now (albeit with half the share count outstanding now vs. then, so roughly the same market cap as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/21/18 10:40 AM
  • Number: 43721
  • Recommendations: 0
I did take a lovely though brief off-season vacation to the Florida Keys earlier this week for about 800 points of the drop, but my coming back yesterday didn't seem to restore confidence in the market. Maybe the vacation indicator only works in
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z