Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Littlechap

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/14/12 5:34 AM
  • Number: 17780
  • Recommendations: 1
Is there any reason why it would be unwise to invest one's entire financial portfolio with just one fund family? I'm talking 401(k)'s, IRA's, taxable fund accounts, emergency money market savings, all being held within the same fund
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/12 5:27 AM
  • Number: 17779
  • Recommendations: 0
I am looking at investing in an Energy fund. I have singled out 4.

ICENX
FSNGX
GAGEX
RYVIX

They all seem pretty similar in expenses, risk and return. I have $1k to invest and all of these have a $1k initial

(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/15/12 1:00 AM
  • Number: 17767
you may want to check out Buffalo Small Cap BUFSX

For latecomers, this goes back to the original post, whose writer wanted wanted the presumed "long term growth" prospects of a small-cap fund.

I've had a position
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/9/12 4:46 AM
  • Number: 17759
  • Recommendations: 3
Hello,

A co-worker of mine heard about the results of the government stress test and the fact that some banks "failed". It got her wondering if her investments (mostly in Vanguard mutual funds) are really insured or if they are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/10/12 3:32 AM
  • Number: 17755
  • Recommendations: 1
Yikes, what do they think it is 1980 ? Was it a special fee or it that the cost of trading with Ameritrade ?

That $49.00 cited in the earlier post is the fee, listed in their page where they list such things, of trading any no-load
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/6/12 5:21 AM
  • Number: 17749
Hi,

You've had a few good answers from various perspectives, all worth considering. Which means, the decision is still going to be up to you. I don't think you'll find much consensus except for the notion that TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/25/11 5:09 AM
  • Number: 17738
$65,000 is total principal.

Yeah, $700 from it. yes I know it is not within the safe withdrawal rate, but that is what she needs. I know that will eat the principal quite rapidly.

Hello,

These circumstances are not
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/25/11 4:38 AM
  • Number: 17737
1) Why do you say 'You're new to TMF'? March 2010 isn't exactly new.

2) Saying I own 'PIMCO Total Return Fund' can be one of 8 funds. Saying PTTRX is succinct and unambiguous. I know... to each his own. Having the name would give you no

(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/26/11 1:44 AM
  • Number: 17701
I guess I'm confused. Going to this URL: http://www.foolfunds.com/learn/invest-with-a-rising-star-mot...... I see that at a minimum this fund has gained over 24% in the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/26/11 1:31 AM
  • Number: 17700
Can anyone point me to a list of microcap mutual funds - a few exist but I do not know how/where to find them.

I just now entered "Microcap Mutual Funds" in Google and got 328,000 hits.

If somebody has not already
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z