Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By russcaxp

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 2/14/20 1:18 PM
  • Number: 556
  • Recommendations: 2
It sounds like you know the pro's and con's of the trade. You're risking being put in a position to possibly buy more or possibly lose shares you have in return for $41.

An estimate of the fair value range of TTD would help you
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/13/20 3:26 PM
  • Number: 23520
  • Recommendations: 1
I want to stay invested in AAPL. Here's the question: is there a point where I should sell the call and buy stock?

Since you want to retain your position do nothing and let your owned calls convert to shares. Selling your calls
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/11/20 1:12 PM
  • Number: 102
  • Recommendations: 0
"It seems that option 1) might be the better option at this point. I would get almost $3 now, vs. paying almost $2 now and possibly getting $3 more at expiration in 3 months if the share price stays above $160.
In other words, why would I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/7/20 2:29 PM
  • Number: 621
This quarter was a little concerning to me. Revenue growth was of 25% was great but margins dropped substantially and the increased spend rate significantly reduced earnings growth, down to 8%.

As a one off thing that might not be so bad,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/5/20 10:10 PM
  • Number: 23512
Maybe, but there are other considerations such as taxes, how close to expiration you are or even the possibility of dividend poaching, so maybe not.

I generally almost always close early if I can get close to max value.
  • Date: 1/23/20 3:43 PM
  • Number: 54
You're welcome. I've paused too and am giving five some more analysis. I'm not saying it will or will not be a good investment, but good investing includes understanding the risks involved and the assumptions you're making about the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/20 3:02 PM
  • Number: 33
I've written puts successfully on FIVE in the past as well.

I haven't set up the BCS yet and am not sure if I will.

I'm not so sure if a retailer with a forward pe of 37 is the best place to be looking with a bull
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/22/20 1:02 PM
  • Number: 21
Actually, the guidance was for $2.10 per contract - not sure where you got $2.30?

I got it from here, and mistakenly thought 2.30 was the guidance, my mistake.

"To be clear, nobody absolutely has to get the trade done
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/20 4:55 PM
  • Number: 8
I go by net cost, which is also max loss. In this case the guidance was $2.30 but is now at about $2.50, so lets say you settle for $2.50 instead of waiting and trying to get $2.30. That would be 8500/250 = 34 contracts of each leg.

Also,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/21/20 4:07 PM
  • Number: 5
Wow, over 400 contracts of each so far.

I'm not sure why the surprise. On these narrow spreads, only investing $230 per contract, you have to buy a ton of them to get any sort of meaningful investment in place. And that can
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z