Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By russcaxp

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/7/20 3:45 PM
  • Number: 14573
  • Recommendations: 1
I also had those calls.

I sold them the day the merger was announced because I didn't want my livongo tied to the share price of teledoc and with the lack of a takeover premium it didn't seem worth holding any longer.

I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/7/20 3:23 PM
  • Number: 1440
  • Recommendations: 0
The order was received but was not going to execute until the market closed today.

I have accidentally executed owned positions and they were converted to shares immediately. I'm not sure why your execution is taking a day to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/7/20 12:32 AM
  • Number: 70444
  • Recommendations: 3
What I don't understand is:

If they increased their customer count 27% and their dollar net retention was 126%, how could their revenue only increase 17%?

This doesn't make sense to me.

What am I missing on the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/31/20 4:03 PM
  • Number: 6205
  • Recommendations: 2
I just have straight long calls on msft that are up 4x since I bought them and when they expire in Jan I'll just roll it into jan '23 calls. I see no need to get fancy on a company performing as well as msft is, just buy calls and let the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/30/20 3:02 PM
  • Number: 363
I never covered my calls to start with.

To be honest, I'm surprised that they're now over 170 but I've learned that hard way that covered calls usually mean you're leaving money on the table. Sometimes a LOT of money.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/26/20 8:51 PM
  • Number: 965
  • Recommendations: 2
I've been running various strategies on HD for many years, Puts and Diagonals mostly but in early 2019 I changed tactics and used the SynLong approach at 193 and added a little more at 198 a few months later. Along the way I selectively wrote
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/17/20 1:57 PM
  • Number: 3284
despite this call having a delta over .75, on Feb 20th the 100 shares would have gained $2400 but the calls had only gained $1200. My understanding is that means the Delta ended up being ~.50.

Delta, as well as all the other greeks,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/20 4:30 PM
  • Number: 3282
The way I now view diagonals is that once they're done, they're done. Set up a new one as desired, but don't link them in your mind. They're separate iterations of the same strategy, not part of one long overarching strategy.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/16/20 3:21 PM
  • Number: 1180
If it was me I'd be weary of putting much additional capital into it, so I would go with the Sept 115 paying <0.75

I have no position in IBM though, so you may be more bullish on them than I am.
  • Date: 6/8/20 3:02 PM
  • Number: 4130
Ragnar,

Remember that that a syn long is just like stock ownership, you get all of the positive gains but also all of the losses. With a call your loss is limited to the price paid rather than the notional value you're buying.
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z