Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TMFTortoise

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/27/22 8:55 AM
  • Number: 159
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi gerry,

Huh. Thanks for bringing that forward. Hadn't heard of it.

Cheers,
Jim
  • Date: 6/27/22 8:46 AM
  • Number: 44301
  • Recommendations: 2
BTW, it was John Maynard Keynes who first said,Ē When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, Sir?Ē.

Hi Dharen,

Thanks for your comments. You could end up right and I could end up wrong. Note, my decision
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/27/22 8:36 AM
  • Number: 44300
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi tj,

how do you know this number is not going to go back up in a couple more quarters? after how much time, can you conclude that is not going to be 'temporary' but it is a definite trend and the thesis is broken? The MF often
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/22 11:49 AM
  • Number: 44285
  • Recommendations: 4
The first big one is that you cite a lot of year over year growth numbers. Due to covid, I changed that for many of the companies I look at. I more look at 2 year growth as there is a ton of noise in the numbers. Amazon only grew 7% in the last Q
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/24/22 8:21 AM
  • Number: 60
  • Recommendations: 0
Hi JPT,

That's a good question. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to find a company I like enough that is trying to serve the vast retail market (not businesses and not utilities).

Solar panel makers are in a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/22 3:51 PM
  • Number: 44282
  • Recommendations: 3
..Hey Jim, I know youíve historically been a long time bull on NFLX, but I just checked your profile and donít see it listed on the stocks you own..

..have you lost faith in the company?..

Funny you should
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/22 3:49 PM
  • Number: 44281
  • Recommendations: 42
Hi everyone,

If you are a regular listener to the Motley Fool Radio Show, you'll hear this weekend something that may surprise you. During Chris Hill and my discussion about Netflix, I disclose that I no longer own shares of the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/22 12:39 PM
  • Number: 44277
  • Recommendations: 8
This assumes that 30 million customers choose the lower-priced, ad-supported tier, while 46 million opt to continue to pay the full subscription price, and that Netflix is able to realize ad revenue of roughly $7 per month per subscriber (similar
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/22 8:48 PM
  • Number: 10551
  • Recommendations: 19
I have led a sheltered investor life for the last few years. I canít recall another company Iíve analyzed that has negative shareholders equity. That is a function of the waters Iíve been fishing in. But here we are. Starbucks has $37.8B in total
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/26/22 10:51 AM
  • Number: 1476
  • Recommendations: 5
How do you value CGNX?s something between 40 and $100/share? it s easy to say that price is not equal to value. If you say so then you should be able to put a price ex sentiment or other fluff on CGNX.

One way to do it is to see what
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z