Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By nathanmeyers

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 12/18/09 11:44 AM
  • Number: 215393
  • Recommendations: 0

Say I'm underwater... how'd I get here? Probably by paying for part of this house with profit from the sale of my previous house. Just as I was "ripped off" by the rise in housing prices, I also "ripped off" someone else to get here. This notion
(Continued...)

• Date: 12/16/14 12:15 AM
  • Number: 1391
  • Recommendations: 1
Hi Dave,

Anyway, worst case is that the LEAPs expire worthless but I've collected the call income. Feels like I'm in no-risk land...

Doesn't matter how you made the money, it's just as real as what shows up in your paycheck
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/15/14 10:19 PM
  • Number: 865
  • Recommendations: 2
Hello Anne,

So how does the option spread change in value as the market goes down???

The cost of the long call goes down, the income from the short goes down, overall net debit goes down.

If the rec came out today,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/11/14 6:04 PM
  • Number: 651
Since the original trade had you sell Jan15 $130 calls which are now in the money by $14.41, I expect there will be a roll recommendation coming up next month.

Recommendations only come on official trades, not alternates, and the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/11/14 5:46 PM
  • Number: 649
  • Recommendations: 2
Hello Mel,

When did you set this up? If you set it up around the time of the 10/8 rec, then I'd say your botch has worked spectacularly in your favor - increasing the value of your long position and reducing the liability of your short
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/8/14 11:03 PM
  • Number: 739
Hello rambojudge,

Very easy to close the trade if you want to quit now. You can put in a combined order to sell the stock and buy back the option. You don't say, but I'm guessing you wrote the $20 call from the alternate rec. Looking at
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/8/14 6:19 PM
  • Number: 89
Hello MDIRADS,

As it says, "consider this spread in a traditional or IRA account". It's good for all accounts.

Was there something about the rec that made it sound like an IRA-only trade?

Nathan
  • Date: 12/5/14 9:29 AM
  • Number: 12290
Hello dartgrp,

If you'd like to make a little income before selling, and you're not worried that IBM might drop, selling calls against your shares is a way to do that.

I assume you meant to say $160 or $162.50 for your strike
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/14 9:58 PM
  • Number: 597
  • Recommendations: 4
Hi Karen,

On the "what we think now" page, Jim says he's more than happy to take assignment on a stock he considers very well priced.

You don't say when you got in, but if you've followed the recs from the beginning,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/14 7:06 PM
  • Number: 12284
Hello FreeCuba,

If you have a thesis on where the stock is headed, there are strategies you might consider based on that thesis. If not, the best choice is probably to sell it and move on to a more promising business. You don't have to make
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z