Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
When I was 40 years old I started my own business with my SO partner. Knowing little about the business or the business world, my credo was..."IF I don't believe in myself, then who should". Please be assured that today I know the meaning of OPM.

I had 20 years of teaching credit with the L.A. school district and took out my retirement. There were those that tried to discourage me with reasons I barely understood and I disregarded them.

Actually the business did well for a while and for a five year period we netted 2-8 thousand dollars a month. Then the business didn't do so good. I went back to substitute teaching and then moved to another city and took a full time contract, entiring that state's retirement system.

Now, 16 years later I find I have, with all the many adventures in my life, only one regret. Perhaps I should consider myself fortunate however, more and more I'm determined to do something about the ignorance of woman and money.

Having said that, I would appreciate any suggestions or comments on how to deal with Late blooming Financial Awakening.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.