Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
LATE response - but

I recently had a conversation just like this.

Was trying to meet 2 men for a drink (together- as friends) during a specific 3 week period.
One has a very busy schedule (the other has zero schedule) so when my proposal was Jan 5th, his response was Thursdays don't work for me.

I didn't think he was rude, I just thought he was a man who looked at his calendar and was letting me know that the next date I picked shouldn't be a Thursday... In his mind, he was probably giving a helpful response.

So I took 2 minutes and responded Except for the 18th & 25th I will be free. You pick a night that works for you and we'll meet there at 7.
And he did pick a night, and we did meet...

Was that easy.

I understand that perception is reality, but it doesn't have to be about someone being right or wrong.

peace & lost tone
t
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.