Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
Later it will be a bi-annual (??) event that I will have to note in my calendar or I will forget.

Treat your personal financial life like a business because it is one. With digital calendars, it take about 20 seconds to note something. In terms of insurance, I can only speak to State Farm but they no longer charge to pay monthly and that can again go to a credit card without additional fee.

I know people denigrate little bits of savings but it's just not that hard to organize my financial life to be efficient and to save money.

I'm still paying off the mortgage at an accelerated rate. We refi'd several years ago to a 15 year, and are still paying more than required.

I am with AJ on this one - I wouldn't pay extra unless paying it off - I would put the extra aside until full payoff and then that would be a considered choice. This is from living through a bunch of crap in my life and when I looked around, a paid off house would have worth less than having more liquid assets on hand. Refinancing opportunities disappear with illness and disability and unemployment and that includes trying to get a new mortgage on a paid off house.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.