Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
(Cross posted on Craft Fools and Yarn Addicts)

Eons ago, I wrote a post on Crafty Fools about a Christian de Falbe knitting pattern I decided I couldn't live without:
http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21276696 At the time, I promised to scan the picture when I had the opportunity and show you all what drove me to distraction. Better late than never - this is it: http://tinyurl.com/knrht

I've finally started work on it! I'm using Rowan's/Debbie Bliss' Cashmarino DK in a winter white, which is SOOOO soft!

- Pam (rather knit than work)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Better late than never - this is it: http://tinyurl.com/knrht

That really is a gorgeous pattern. I'm envious. Please post pictures as you go.
Kathleen
No. of Recommendations: 1
That's a beautiful pattern (and a beautiful yarn)! Are you going to make it with the same amount of ease that is in the model picture? I could never wear something that fitted...at least not until I lose more weight. :)
That's a beautiful pattern (and a beautiful yarn)! Are you going to make it with the same amount of ease that is in the model picture? I could never wear something that fitted...at least not until I lose more weight. :)

Yes, I'll make it with the same amount of ease, primarily because I'd like something that can fit under a suit jacket (most of my knitting these days centers around clothes I can wear to work).

I think the top size in this pattern is for a 40 inch bust. I'm assuming that means 40 inch chest and C or D cup bust.

Let me know if you ever want a copy of the pattern.

- Pam
Let me know if you ever want a copy of the pattern.

- Pam

(coughing and slowly raising hand) Me please!!
Kathleen
I've brought my working copy of the pattern in with me to work (I always photocopy patterns and use those rather than carry around originals). I'll scan it in later today.

Email me through the Fool with your email address.

Pam
No. of Recommendations: 2
I've brought my working copy of the pattern in with me to work (I always photocopy patterns and use those rather than carry around originals). I'll scan it in later today.

I'm sorry I have to speak up here. This is so TOTALLY against copyright. Please don't do this--it's illegal, as it is when shopowners and anyone else does it. You're allowed to make one photocopy for personal use. Not to give it to friends for free.

Best,
AB
I'm sorry I have to speak up here. This is so TOTALLY against copyright. Please don't do this--it's illegal, as it is when shopowners and anyone else does it. You're allowed to make one photocopy for personal use. Not to give it to friends for free.

Best,
AB

<hang head in shame>Whilst in principle I agree with you, the book has been out of print for over 15 years and, under UK copyright law, you have to photocopy either 1/4 or 1/5 of the book before you break copywrite (which is how schools get by with photocopying/distributing whole chapters of text books). That (and the fact that I'm not selling it) is why I thought it would be OK.

I did a Google a while ago to try to find the designer. I'll hunt again - if I can't get his permission, I won't give Kathleen a copy.

Pam

I'm sorry Barb, I was under the impression it was a pattern in magazne that is no longer in print. I did not think she was buying a new pattern.
Kathleen
Well, I'm having some major problems.

I clicked on the blog post and got a message that it couldn't be found.

I clicked on the photo you linked to and got this electrifying message:

Yahoo! Photos is now closed

Yahoo! Photos has officially closed so we can focus all our efforts on Flickr, Yahoo's award winning photo sharing community.

Over the last 4 months, we provided Yahoo! Photos users several options to move their photos. If you did not take the opportunity to move your photos, unfortunately they are no longer available. For those users that did move your photos to Flickr, your photos should be waiting for you there.

Click here to review our frequently asked questions or check out what's waiting for you at Flickr.

(I hate smug automatic messages. This one needed to blow a raspberry at the end or else chang Nanny-nanny-pooh-pooh!)

Let us know when the blog is up and running...