No. of Recommendations: 0
Lay people, like me, might start with the trial of John Peter Zenger in colonial America, then move to the Vietnam-era libel suit brought by Gen. Westmoreland against CBS. Even if false, actual malice must be shown to sustain a slander or libel claim agai st the press.

Sandmann isn't a public figure. Westmoreland was. This suit is more like GM suing NBC for the its bogus Dateline story about pickup trucks randomly exploding. The news media today is nothing more than a loudspeaker for democrat party talking points and needs to be reminded - punitively in this case - that if they're going to enjoy special 1st Amendment protections and rights above ordinary citizens, that those special things come with the responsibility to call balls and strikes fairly and equally.

No one with 2 functioning brain cells thinks the media does anything of the sort. "BBBbbbbbbut Fox Newz!!!!". Thanks. You'd just be proving my point.

What ever became of the rightie tort reform campaign?

There should be tort reform for me, but not for thee. You see, here's you applying Alinksy #4 and here's me not caring.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.