No. of Recommendations: 0
LCD, lois, I wish I knew you in real life . Many of your hoarding or semi hoarding characteristics are in my house, me and my husband (not so much him) both, as well as a friend we have rescued when he lost his house (not due to the junk, or maybe partially, I do not wish to share his details).

I read
It is distinct from cluttering or insatiable collecting. The self-soothing need to acquire, coupled with a paralyzing inability to discard, significantly impairs one’s ability to function. and I do not have the inability to discard, but I recognize the "this might have a use" item, such as when I hauled 2 bags of clean beer 6 pack cartons for possible construction purposes from the friend moving here. I was going to put them on freecycle and haven't yet (really, colorful cardboard for decorating...what?)

Anyway I need to sleep but am glad to have checked into this list. And I clicked the wrong item on the poll after reading the italiziced above.

jts
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.