Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, all,

Came across a slightly perplexing, (as in new to me), options question, and I'm hoping an options pro can help me sort it out -- and also make sure I'm getting the right thing from my broker.

I sold covered calls against my Activision shares, VCDAC, at what I thought was a very attractive premium -- however, because there was a 4:3 split, the contract is for 177 shares not 100 shares.

My worry now, due to the higher premium, is that the listed strike price of $15 will also be adjusted for the split.

Here's the language from the confirmation:

CALL ACTIVISION JAN 015 ****
LONG TERM OPTIONS EXP 01/20/07
ADJ 4:3 STK SPLIT,DEL:177 ATVI
EXP 01/20/2007
UNSOLICITED
INTERNET ORDER
OPEN CONTRACT

If, indeed, I would have to deliver the shares at $15, I will be quite pleased with the $3.70 premium . . . but if the strike price will be split adjusted, then I want to reverse this transaction quickly.

Help?

Thanks you!

-- Beth
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.