Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
geas ('gesh'):

Irish folklore--an obligation or prohibition magically imposed on someone.

Not that it's terribly likely to come up in my life again.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
That comes up in a lot of fantasy books. Terry Pratchett uses it several times in the Tiffany Aching plot arc of his Discworld books with much confusion on geas and geese.
I meat to ask and hit return too fast, what world's fan fic are you reading?
No. of Recommendations: 1
At the moment, Harry Potter. I'm a huge Snape fan. But then...who isn't?! (Alan Rickman's voice...swoon...)

I'm kinda surprised I missed this one, published in 2012 and complete. But it's very long...around half a million words IIRC. Perhaps that put me off in my younger years...
So you must love the original Die Hard. That was the first time I ever saw Rickman. Took a bit to get "Hans" out of my head when I started watching the Potter series.
So you must love the original Die Hard.

It's really too violent for my taste, but I love his performance in anything. His voice is a lethal weapon!
Hi, alstro--

I'm a real Harry Potter fan. I've listened to Stephen Fry read all the books about 8 times now. I used to visit the Harry Potter Companion -- when it was still up and running, -- and even now I sometimes go there via the Wayback Machine. I haven't seen the movies though -- which the Harry Potter Companion always dismissed as "not canon." But I think I'd like to get into some of the Harry Potter fanfiction. Can you recommend some good ones and/or some good online sources? Thanks.

culcha