Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 34
I am nominating LeBeancountiere for the Feste Award. First LeBean, like a few other well known Fool contributors is technically very well qualified as a finance and valuation Professional but this is not enough to get him nominated, so what else is there about LeBean?

Educate
LeBean has a very good way of explaining complex accounting and valuation concepts to newbies and experienced investors alike. He never fails to answer posts or emails however inane they may seem to him. For a professional to spend so much time helping other Fools he must be exemplifying the Motley Fool Mission of helping others. Heck he even PAYS to take TMF seminars just so he can assist the leaders and help out with the more difficult questions. In one seminar he ran a whole series of posts on accounting for the more advanced students. Throughout the year he has stimulated thoughtful discussions on the Foolish Collective board and is the one that we all look to for the difficult accounting and valuation questions and of course he is always there to answer.

Amuse
He has one of the more twisted senses of humour on TMF. When a poster inadvertently referred to him as LaBean his response was to admit to crossdressing! Not a pretty mental image (you know the type all he wants for Christmas is "To Eat, Drink & Be Mary!). In addition his humour is famous on the Deuce Boards.

Enrich
Well getting to know LeBean has enriched my life as we sometimes exchange 3 or 4 emails in a day, much of it with the same aforementioned humour but often with the opening "Great Post Admiral" encouraging me as I progressed in my knowledge of value-investing and I know that he has encouraged others in a similar manner. Enriching of the monetary kind will of course come through the application of true value-investing as taught by LeBean - I hope :-)

Three 2002 Post Selection
Difficult as I can't include seminar posts so they will have to come from the FC but there are some fabulous ones here. I know that LeBean has made excellent posts on several boards but the 3 that I have linked here are the ones that I liked the best

Welcome to Financial Reality Island - Showing a wonderful humour in illustrating some financial concepts
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17316466&sort=recommendations

Investment Valuation 101 - Understandable introduction to valuation
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18005583&sort=recommendations

Response to Ev's "Analysis Paralysis" post - showing thoughtful support for a fellow Fool http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17834229&sort=recommendations

I know that Tom (1000) nominated me in the preceeding post and I consider it a great honour to be nominated along with my friend David (LeBean) as representatives of that wonderful TMF community that is the Foolish Collective

Yep LeBean for the Feste!

Regards
Philip
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.