Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
After watching Alton Brown make "sawmill gravy" the other night, I started desperately craving my mother's sausage gravy on biscuits. I finally succumbed and made it for dinner Wednesday night.It was a little spicier than I like my breakfast gravy...but it was very good. As we were cleaning up the kitchen...there were a few biscuits left over and about a (large) spoonful of gravy (extremely thickened as it had sat on the stove during dinner. Never having seen my mother save left over sausage gravy (as if there ever were such a thing with three teenage boys in the house)...I alost tossed it out, but then on a whim, I saved it for lunch the next day. (You can always throw it away then, I thought, to myself.)

The next day for lunch, I split one of the left over biscuits in two and dropped it into the toaster. (They were Pillsbury Grands...which I like because the left overs can be toasted...as opposed to the smaller canned biscuits...which are useful for nothing but hockey after they've cooled (and not much better when they're hot)...but I digress.

Anyway, while my biscuit was toasting, I added a little more milk into the cold gravy and nuked on high for approximately one minute...which was more than enough to bring to a boil. I added a little more milk, and nuked some more...repeating until it was the consistancy I wanted...and then ate it for lunch poured over my toasted biscuits.

Who would have thunk it? You can reheat breakfast gravy. ;)

Of course now that I think about it...this is knowledge that my waist line and cholesterol really didn't need me to know.

B--

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.