Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Legitimate:

OT: Another wonderful morning reading your research and analysis. In reading this post I thought it provided greater insight than just farms:

I have the uneasy feeling it's all going to pop rather painfully but of course cannot predict when.
We have been quietly bubbleized by grain prices--who knew they were all at such historic highs--except farmers. I should have been talking to farmers. Fertilizer recovered from 2008-2009 and while not at the highs seen in the superbubblicious 2008, they are high compared to historical prices pre-2008
2012 may not be a terrible year if there are some crop failures and demand rises, but i would not count on it and would not be buying big positions in anybody right now.

I think the term "bubbleized" is appropriate for my analysis of the present market for stocks. Margins are at near record highs caused in part by a lack of hiring by corporations that have raised cash to again near record levels. This rise in profits comes during a time of very low increases in GDP. Disasters in the Eurozone, China or others are possible. How long can selling increase to unemployed workers, or without massive governmental intervention. Bubbleized indeed.

I agree more broadly: "[I] would not be buying big positions in anybody right now." Sorry for the OT. I just thought it was too perfect.

Hockeypop
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.