Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Large investment companies such as Lehman have rules that regulate how quickly they can sell stock holdings.
Any idea whether these limits change in bankruptcy?
Any thoughts on a temporary stock drop fueled by massive selling of Lehman stock holdings to repay account holders and debt holders?
Will the majority of stock accounts be managed by Lehman under bankruptcy until the account holders pull out, or will the accounts be sold to another bank? I suppose a lot of this has to do with whether or not Lehman is expected to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone company, but somehow I think its doubtful we'll see Lehman again.

Perhaps someone on this board has experience in the matters of investment banks... I think this may have a lot to do with a temporary depression in price of all Lehman-held stocks.

-John Taylor
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.