No. of Recommendations: 0
My mother is holding a medium term, Lehman issued bond. Anyone willing to speculate what might become of it in the event Lehman Brothers is bought out?

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Lehmans has many assets with the Lehman's name on them. That includes many of the asset backed securities or trust preferred issues. They are listed under Lehmans in the preferred stocks lists and under the Lehman's brand names.

I think Lehman's performing assets will be easily sold, and are likely to be acquired by others.

But preferred stock or bonds that provided capital to Lehman's itself are possibly at risk.
No. of Recommendations: 3
no prob about it....If LEH goes down [and I'm not talkin buy-out here] we'll see a flight to T-Bonds and "hard assets" like we've not seen yet. .... Maybe taking 300-500 off the DOW? Can they" keep it together? I really don't know. But it's not looking to good. And a court bankruptcy is not the place to shopping for performing assets.

I think Lehman's performing assets will be easily sold, and are likely to be acquired by others.
But preferred stock or bonds that provided capital to Lehman's itself are possibly at risk.

I won't get anywhere near LEH debt paper right now. Don't care what the risk premium is.

KBM (juz saying)