Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
LeKitKat

Nice write up on CLCT. I bought some this past August. I liked the dividend and, since I've been slowly accumulating bullion over the last 9 or so years, have had reason to have run across the PCGS brand during my various shopping episodes. It is a well respected brand (I would choose PCGS over NGC all else being equal, but suspect I might have to pay a slightly higher premium, thus all things would rarely be equal).

In my bullion collection I have some sets of PCGS Silver Eagles and some PCGS older smaller gold coins ($2.5, & $5.00 gold pieces). I happened to buy them because they were on sale and took advantage of the sale. To me, the bullion I own will all be eventually sold when I think the market timing is correct.

As far as their particular business model is concerned, there are a certain number of folks who want to buy coins or older baseball cards, etc. Of that population, a fairly high percentage feel better about spending a few extra bucks to have the item already slabbed (vernacular for having been reviewed and evaluated by professional eyes).

You are correct, however, in that it is a quirky little niche company. The last time I looked, Yahoo finance shows that no analysts are covering it yet.

Poz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.