Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
First time poster, and must admit I have not been reading the board. This should make all those who are posting on lesson 3 and complaining about the pace of the course feel a little better.

So, when looking for growth, I essentially wanted 25+% for the last 3 years and a projection of that growth to continue. I also like to see a decent ROE and some insider holdings. Since most companies have been battered the last couple of years, the picking s are admittedly slim.

I liked two companies. Chico's FOS (small to mid) and Forset Labs (large).

I know people who have shopped at Chico's and like the stores. Simple as that.

Forest Labs provides production of generic drugs. The pharmaceutical industry will continue to expand but with continued price pressures i.e. if a generic is available, your provider will want you to buy it. forest Labs is well positioned to placate both the aging boomers and the Caremarks of the world.

I would have liked to find a compnay catering to the youth education market, since I feel we are baby booming once again and Bush is on the Soapbox re: education. But I was not satisfied with the pickings.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.