Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I thought I would post something here in case someone actually bothers to read it! I'm new to investing, having made my first purchase in early Sept. 06. Thus far I've not done well overall, but I feel good about my current holdings for the long run. The strategy which is starting to develop in my mind is to build a core portfolio of stocks that I consider to be life long holdings. Forget about the sexy stocks for now unless I feel strongly about their future potential. Apple is a case in point. I'm only 27 so I've got lots of time to search for those potential 10 baggers! After I have a nice core portfolio, then I will feel more comfortable taking on higher risk investments. One experience I am not looking forward to is a major market correction. I just keep telling myself that when it comes, it is a buying opportunity!

This website has been an incredible resource of information not only for investing in the stock market, but also for personal finances in general. I have come a long way with my personal awareness of my money, and how to best put it to work for me. My main goals are to budget for the short term in order to maximize available cash for the long term (i.e. retirement and beyond). I want to reach a point in life where I do not need to worry too much where the next dollar will come from. Ahh, the dream of financial freedom. The most exciting part is that I really do feel that it is possible!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.