Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
Let me just tack onto this:
Hands down I Will be sticking a large chunk in $RBLX...

My now 13 year old plays.. She has played in various forms since she was 7 or 8. She has friends from around the world..there is huge international appeal. She now runs a discord server where they set up events. She designs and sells outfits on there. The girls play an incredible array of social games on there, of some serious complexity. They would easily spend 5 hours / day on there if allowed.. they don't watch any TV.

My 8 year old boy got interested, - he plays other games on there -- they have a few that are of World of Wardcraft style play - other builders, other first person shooters. There is one game on there that is the equivalent complexity of EverQuest -- one of the original MMPORGs from years ago.. The difference is the devs can build it out *and not deal with any infrastructure*.

And they all watch streamers on it.

My kids both probably spend $20 / month on roblox. And the ability to accessibly build your own game is incredible. The community is not easily duplicated -- Minecraft and the custom minecraft servers are the closest similar item. other than that, it is like MMPORGs with more flexibility.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.