Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Let's see....that's a 'study' by MSN? Yeah, that's reputable.

But then I guess more and more like getting dumber. As of yesterday here are the viewership data from TV Newser for Total (all age groups)...(viewers in Millions)

Time Period.................FNC..............MSNBC............CNN........Total

Total all Day..............2.035............ .942........... .549....... 3.526
% of All Day viewers........58%...............27%.............16%

Prime Time.................2.991.............1.697.......... .716....... 5.404
% of Prime time Viewers.....55%...............31%.............13%

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/wednesday-jan-26-scoreboard-...

So Fox draws 111% of the combined viewers of MSNBC and CNN combined in Prime Time, 115% for the day.

What a dumb magnet!!

And then the champion of 'dumb', Tucker Carlson really draws the dummies. I mean, of the 5.992 Million viewers in the 8PM (EST) time slot, 3.7Million tuned in to Tucker. That's 80% of the market. As our astute and wise President would say, "That's Dummies on steroids", by golly.

And Fox commentators have liberal guest commentators, such as Juan Williams, Jessica Tarlov and others. Clearly, liberals are not exempt from dumbness.

And even MSN recently wrote:

The data shows Fox News is watched by 29 percent of liberal prime-time viewers compared to CNN, which garners 25 percent of those viewers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/more-democrats-watch...

Uh oh....looks like liberals are getting drawn into the dummy crowd!!

So I guess viewers must be repelled by the cerebral giants at CNN and MSNBC...too much intellectual content, I guess.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.