Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Let's look at it this way

If the sea wall is not repaired, water will come in and flood adjacent properties not in the gated communities.....

If the sand that flowed onto the streets came from the public beaches and oceans...... then it should be the public that puts that sand back on the beaches......

If all the pollution that came in along with the water didn't come from oil tanks and other facilities......owned by others.......then you might make a case that clean up is only with 'clean sea water'not contaminated by pollution from others...and you and I know that is not true....

I'd bet the city collects big fat monthly checks for delivering water, INCLUDING maintaining the water pipes......

I'd bet the city collects big fat sewer fees from everyone for gathering and processing the sewerage.... no matter where in the city they live.

So why shouldn't the city fix the sewers? And the water system? and the sea wall....at least partially? and remove the sand from the roads and fix the pavement?

The folks have paid for it for decades.

THe fact that you can't seem to accept that is nothing but a bad case of 'wealth envy'.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.