Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
Folks --

Please let's not criticize each other! Yes, many people are here at the Fool for the first time, posting a nomination. It pains me to think that for some of them, their first impression will be of some people harrassing them or questioning them.

If you'll notice, our charity drive does not require those who nominate to have been a Fool for any length of time or to have posted X times. For all you know, someone may be a long-time Fool who never posted until now, and never needed to register until now. I myself was a long-time Fool for a year before I ever posted on the boards.

We're looking to improve the world a little with our drive. We welcome nominations from anyone, for anything. (Of course, thoughtfully penned nominations will get the most attention, and we can only select a few organizations, so the ones that fit our criteria the best have the best chance of making it to the final list.)

If you don't want to read about the FFB, then just don't read those messages. You can look at the long list of nominations and see by the title of each one what it's about.

Yes, some charities are driving newcomers to us to nominate. If a few of those people stick around, then that's a good thing. Even if they don't, they're making many of us aware of an interesting, impressive organization and a valiant fight against a terrible condition. Not a bad thing.

Please let the unfriendliness cease. :)

Selena
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.