No. of Recommendations: 17
Let’s review the first crash from Lion Air, shall we?

Ok, so let’s review the report that you claim vindicates taking absolutely no precaution with flying people on this plane and see if we’re being paranoid.

Procedure calls for disengaging the automatic systems and flying the plane manually; you don't want the flight computer pushing the plane into a dive when you're not actually in a stall.

Now, I’m not a pilot nor have I played one on TV.

But I’m going to go out on a limb and state that when a plane unexpectedly goes into a dive, this is a bad thing.

And it’s a bad thing even if the dive can be corrected by manual intervention.

Planes aren’t supposed to unexpectedly go into a dive, especially during take off when there is less room to maneuver.

Planes that go into unexpected dives are not safe.

Out of an abundance of caution for the lives of human beings, this plane should be grounded until we are absolutely certain what caused these crashes (and many other reports of other incidents of unexpected diving) and if it can be fixed. That’s what rational, caring human beings do.

And I won’t even get started on how the incompetence of the current administration has contributed to this mess, let alone conceding world leadership to other countries in airline safety issues.

Just because your paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you.

AW
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.