No. of Recommendations: 54

Liberal Democrat

A first grade teacher proudly proclaimed to her class one day that she was a liberal Democrat.
She asked her students to raise their hands if they were liberal Democrats as well.
Not really knowing what a liberal Democrat was, but wanting to be like their teacher, most of their hands flew up into the air.

There was, however, one exception.
A girl named Lucy had not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asked her why she had decided to be different.
"Because I'm not a liberal Democrat" she replied.
'Then, what are you?' asked the teacher.
"Why, I'm a proud conservative Republican," boasted the little girl.
The teacher, a little perturbed, asked Lucy why she was a conservative Republican.
"Well", she said, "I was brought up to trust in myself instead of relying on an intrusive government to care for me and do all of my thinking.
My Dad and Mom taught me these things, and they are both conservative Republicans, and so now I am a conservative Republican too."
The teacher, now a little embarrassed and maybe even just a bit angry, said, "That's no reason! What if your Mom was a moron, and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?"

The teacher paused, a bit smug, certain that she'd put the girl in her place, and slowly let a sly smirk creep across her face.

"Well, if that were the case", said Lucy after a moments thought, "then, I suppose I'd be a liberal Democrat."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.