Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20060309-120124-3380r.htm

"Senate Democrats yesterday criticized efforts to make illegal entry into the United States a felony while their party's 2008 presidential front-runner warned that Republicans want to turn the country into a "police state" to round up undocumented aliens.

"Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, New York Democrat, told a rally of immigrants on Capitol Hill that a Republican bill that passed the House in December will lead to a massive hunt for illegal aliens."

Ya ya ya. So go on you Liberals, whine about Republicans and cheap labor.

I suggest we raise the alternative minnimum tax to pay for the extra burdens and costs caused by illegal immigration.

Jedi
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
A raid ongoing at this moment in Houston, ICE and police, six wounded in the unprovoked attack by the 'Man' down there.

Bush and the Repugs hate immigrants.

I've seen so many immigrants doing so well. New vehicles, housing far beyond anything they could afford back home.
Even startup business owners living their dreams and driving their Escalades...

Full employment in the immigrant communities, shopping and supporting their hometown businesses and paying taxes.

Why do repugs hate them?

No. of Recommendations: 3
Jedi Writes:
I suggest we raise the alternative minnimum tax to pay for the extra burdens and costs caused by illegal immigration.

Jedi

===================================

Jedi, How is your new business venture going? Still depending on Hispanics to get it off the ground? ;-)

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Jedi, How is your new business venture going? Still depending on Hispanics to get it off the ground? ;-)"

------

So.. DonQ,

Are you down on 'darkies' too?

It's ok there too I guess, because then you can just ;) and it doesn't count against you.

Good luck.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I thought this post was about liberals.

This post was about Hillary who is certainly no liberal. Further, she is no front runner for anything for which I am aware, except Sen. from NY.

If the bill passed the House and not the Senate, what is the problem there? Liberal Republicans?

A typical Bushie lover post full of half truths.
Quijote...

This one will take a long time but yes, I am working on it. Truth be told I was inspired by certain Liberals on THIS board to encourage immigration, promote it politically and economically, and then just for irony profit on it legally and ethically.

The new arena i'm pursuing is totally new to me. I would NEVER invest a dime in a business without having a good working knowledge of each facet which is what I'm doing now...self-studies.

But yes, Hispanics are a HUGE part of this idea. If successful, my idea will not only create explosive growth for the business, but will help Hispanics climb the economic ladder and add more tax revenue to our goverment.

And taxpayers will help get things off the ground is the most poetic part.

Bienvenidos Mis Amigos.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 0
Tgrmn...

I'm with you.

It took me years to come around to that point of view, but you said it very well.

And this is nothing. Wait until they get more sophisticated and organized in thins pertaining to commerce and politics.

Jedi
Goofy...

Your party is against making illegal immigration a felony.

You claim to be against cheap labor, and you will rush to convict AMERICAN business owners who hire these people, but when given a chance to take a hardline stance on illegal immigration, the Democrats quieted down like we know they would.

Raise the Alternative Minnimmum Tax to faciliate the experience of immigrants legal and not.

Jedi
"...And this is nothing. Wait until they get more sophisticated and organized in thins pertaining to commerce and politics." Jedi
--------

I see these splitting into two distinct groupings. Old timers born here and treaded left, and the more recent up and coming entrepreuers and workers 100% all in.

100% employed/open for business... and feeling the 'drag' of the Leftists biting them and theirs, even more than the traditional and famous Mexican 'Bite' at every turn.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Neither side really wants to do any thing about illegal immigration. The GOP wants the cheap labor and most Dems want the warm fuzzy feeling of proving that they aren't racist. Plus both sides wish to court the Hispanic vote. Only the mavericks in both parties really want to do something about it.

That being said I expect the GOP to move harder and faster on the issue. It plays well to the main GOP base so they have to take a harder line. Also, altho their big donors in business want the cheap labor there are other issues which will keep most of them voting GOP over Dem so they may make them a bit POed over the issue but they most likely won't lose them.

The Dems on the other hand are really going to have problems releasing those warm fuzzies they get from the issue and will be mortally afraid of affronting the Hispanic wing of the party so they are probalby going to just let the issue slide.

Even tho Bush wants to make nice with Fox the GOP, being more practical on the whole and Bush being wounded right now, are going to seize this issue and cram it down the Democratic throat and ride it to reverse a lot of potential Dem gains just the way they ride the national security issue. If the Dems don't get on the stick and forget about how nice and warm and human this issue makes them feel they may lose '06 yet.

herb
No. of Recommendations: 3
tgrmn writes:

So.. DonQ,

Are you down on 'darkies' too?

It's ok there too I guess, because then you can just ;) and it doesn't count against you.

Good luck.

======================================

tgrmn,

As a "darkie" myself, I would not consider myself to be against "darkies" (I am guessing as to your possible definition of "darkie")

I do not know if youe question is in jest. In case it is not, If you'd bother to research the content of my posts, you would find them to be quite the contrary of your accusation.

Don Qijote
Tgrmn...

Tiger, let's hope you're right. The entreprenuers should be less prone to being seduced and enslaved by Liberalism.

But there's a counterbalance to this which I don't think can be changed.

The skilled workers coming here especially from Asia will be influence on our college campuses and they will be an economic force. And they will mostly lean Left.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 6
Bush and the Repugs hate immigrants.

Isn't it funny how the word "illegal" disappears as soon as the left starts blathering on the issue?

Heaven forbid there be a distiction between those who follow the laws and come here legally, and those who flout the laws and don't. Surely they can't possibly flout other laws when they're here! I mean, the fact that the majority of the felony warrants in California are for illegal immigrants on charges such as murder, rape, drug dealing, etc. is just a figment of our imaginations! Hospitals closing down because they can't afford to treat wave after wave of illegal immigrants... couldn't happen! Gunfights at the border with drug dealing illegal immigrants... fantasy!

Nope, we apparently just hate all "imigants" because we're hypocritcal racist jerks. There couldn't possibly be any qualifications or reasons for our unhappiness when it comes to these particular law breakers.

Mike